Search This Blog

Sunday, August 10, 2014

OOTD-Friend's 21st Birthday!

HOLLERRRR for the first OOTD (outfit of the day) post on my blog!

For a Saturday night of dinner and dancing with my friends in NYC, I chose to pair this gold and black, baroque-styled skirt with this black crop top.  The top has sleeves, which I love, but they're also mesh, so I got to show a little extra skin.  I loved how the skirt was high waisted, only showing a tiny sliver of my midsection, which made me feel sexy and comfortable all at once!







We were out celebrating my friend Daphnée's big 21st birthday! Isn't she beauuutiful?! :)


I paired the top and skirt with a pair of chunky boots from Target. Even though they were an impulse buy, made as I SHOULD have been exiting the store, I'm so glad I got them.  It was a bit of a risk for me, considering I'm not much of a heels-girl.  Don't get me wrong, I love looking at heels in store windows, but I'm usually not willing to sacrifice my toes and arches for the extra fabulousness.  Fortunately, the thick platform on these made for an incredibly comfortable night of dancing.


Both my top and my skirt are from Forever21 +, which is their plus-sized clothing line.  I always find lots of cute things there that make me feel comfy, but still invite me to be daring and highlight my shape.

Items: 
Skirt-- Forever 21+ -- Baroque Patterned Midi Skirt ($14.80) 
Top-- Forever 21+ -- Textured Crosshatch Crop Top ($15.80)
Boots-- Target-- Women's Susan Heeled Bootie, Mossimo Supply Co. ($34.99)

Looking forward to more OOTD posts on the blog! :-*

-Kenziekenzz <3

No comments:

Post a Comment